Higgs bundles and their spectral data have had applications in different research areas of mathematics and physics, andthese series of Workshops bring together people working on areas tangential to Higgs bundles to learn and teach about novel methods that could be applied in a broad set up.
The meeting will follow the graduate weekend workshop
"RTG Workshop on the Geometry and Physics of Higgs bundles"
to be held at the University of Illinois at Chicago
November 11-12 2017
The workshop is presented in cooperation with the
Association of Women in Mathematics (AWM) and supports the Non-Discrimination Statement of the Association for Women in Mathematics.
For any questions regarding the meeting, please email
Laura Schaposnik at email@example.com.
- Olivia Dumitrescu, Michigan State, USA. Title & Abstract
- Camilla Felisetti, Bologna, Italy. Title & Abstract
- Laura Fredrickson, Stanford, USA. Title & Abstract
- Qiongling Li, QGM & Caltech, Denmark & USA. Title & Abstract
- Ngo Bao Chau, University of Chicago, USA. Title & Abstract
- Eric Zaslow, Northwestern University, USA. Title & Abstract
If you are staying November 11-14, arrival to Chicago should be planned for Saturday morning, with activities carrying through until Tuesdy afternoon. Departures should be planned for Tuesday after 5 p.m. If you're only attending the meeting on November 13-14, arrival should be planned for Sunday 12 evening.
Participants are expected to also take part of the meeting on November 11-12, whose schedule appears here.
• By air: Chicago has two major airports, O'Hare (ORD) and Midway (MDW), and it is easy to get to UIC from either one (many travel sites will let you look for both simultaneously using the airport code CHI).
If you are flying into O'Hare, you can take a Blue Line train (costing $5) into the city (towards the loop or Forest Park) which stops right next to the UIC campus (at the UIC/Halsted station). The hotel is also on the Blue line.
Monday night workshop dinner: The conference banquet will be on Monday night and all participants are invited to attend (please indicate in the form):
Place: Pizzeria Due (619 N Wabash Ave)
Time: 8 p.m.
Monday afternoon: On Sundamonday Afternoon we will go on a boat trip with participants of both meetings - if you would like to participate in this activity, please indicate so in the registration form - it will be free for participants:
Place: Ogilvie/Union stop
Time: 5 p.m.
Boat: Chicago Water Taxi
Trip: We will go to China Town and then back up to River North, and it will take around 90 minutes. We will be entertaining you with stories from Chicago architecture’s wonders!
Afterwards we will probably visit the Game Room, located on the second floor of the beautiful Chicago Athletic Club.